Incubator Plus Policy
What Incubator Plus hosts
- The Incubator Plus hosts tests of new language editions of the following current or requested Wikimedia projects:
- Wikipedia (prefix "Wp/")
- Wiktionary (prefix "Wikt/"
- Wikiquote (prefix "Wq/")
- Wikibooks (prefix "Wb/")
- Wikinews (prefix "Wn/")
- Wikiversity (prefix "Wv/")
- Wikisource (prefix "Ws/")
- Wikitravel (prefix "Wt/")
- Wikispecies (prefix "Wsp/")
- For a tests of the not yet existing Wikimythes please use (prefix "Wm/")
- Incubator Plus does not host a test project which is not in the list above or don't have a proposal on New Projects Proposals.
Starting a new test language
- You can start a test language of the projects mentioned above, at any time for any reason. It is not required to have a proposal at Meta, but it is more useful.
- You have to do following:
- Create a main page, with an article name consisting of just the prefix: Project/code.
- List the test on Template:Tests.
Closure or deletion
- Tests on the Wikimedia Incubator that are inactive for over a year will be deleted or placed to here. A test here cannot be deleted.
- If a project is given final approval by the language subcommittee, the test's pages will be imported to the new subdomain wiki. All pages will be deleted, except the main page, and a notice will be added.
- If it is rejected, the test will be kept for future proposals when the requirements are fulfilled.
Whilst on Incubator
- All pages in a test have a prefix of the form "project/langcode/", for example "wp/en/" for English Wikipedia.
- Images need to be uploaded directly to the Incubator Plus; we do not have access to the Wikimedia Commons.
- Templates and categories must be prefixed just like articles must.
- Whilst on Incubator Plus, you may apply for test adminship. This gives you admin rights (to delete and protect pages, and to block users) on your test only.
- This requires that:
- the user is a good contributor to the test language.
- the test language must have more than 25 pages of content.
- the test language must be active for at least the last week.
- If the language is approved fully, the test admins will become admins on the new wiki, and lose their status here (they can reapply it at the normal way).
- If the test is inactive for more than 4 months you will lose your status at the Incubator Plus.
Further reading: Incubator Plus:Administrators
There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
Other policies for this Wikia will be decided by the wiki community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few simple policies and a lot of good will and cooperation.
Adding [[Category:Policy]] to any policy pages will add them to the policy category. This is found here.
See also Project:Simplified ruleset